What is Your Carbon Footprint? Are you killing the earth with that plastic water bottle you purchase everyday? When is the last time you planted something back in the earth other than to beautify your own house? These and many more questions should be asked of ourselves on a daily basis. Our planet needs our help and we need to listen to what it is saying to us. Think about the waste that comes from just your household and what affect it has on the earth. Are there items that we purchase or habits that we have that could be changed to give our Eco-system a break? Here are a few suggestions and some related articles to get you thinking about how easy it is to BE GREEN.
- Change the light bulbs in your house to Compact Fluorescent
- By the New Eco-Friendly Grocery Bags and stop using the paper or plastic options
- Don't buy that high price water in a Plastic bottle. Your tap water is better for you. Cleaner and safer also.
- Car-pool to reduce carbon emissions (especially on hot summer days)
- Plant a tree. It gives you something beautiful to look at, provides shade, gives the birds and squirrels a new home to live in, helps to change carbon monoxide to oxygen and a host of other earth-friendly benefits.
- Ride your bike or walk more often.
- Build a compost and produce some of the most fertile soil for your garden.
- Plant a garden.
- Buy recycled products. Look for items that are produced using Green technology and made from Green material.
- Make sure all of your major appliances are energy efficient and have the ENERGY STAR logo on them.
Check out the following Green living sites to get some other great ideas.